Skip to main content

Top Five Favorite Holiday picks

Looking for last minute gifts for a good price from a retailer you know will deliver in time? Here's my Top Five Favorite Holiday Picks plus a few bonuses! Happy holidays!

#1 Sleep Innovations
Currently marked down to $370 from $650 for king size*

We've had a Sleep Innovations mattress for 13 years and loved it. Every time we came home from travels my husband and I would both say how we'd missed our bed the most. So it came time for us to buy a new one and were pleased to find this mattress at a fraction of the cost of both traditional mattress and memory foam as well. Is a quality brand, and a firm yet relenting and supportive mattress. It comes compressed in a 3x4x2 box that's easily delivered, and easy enough for one person to set-up and let expand. We let it expend and air out for two nights. By the second night, it was ready, and as before, the best night sleep!

The box it comes in is compact and manageable

Cutting off the plastic on our new bed!

#2 Hamilton Juice Extractor
$52.99

I've been using this juicer for 8 months and it's a tank! I love how easy it is to clean, its small footprint on our counter, and how well it works for my morning celery juice! I used our power blender (below) for 8 days before deciding yes, I'd be doing celery juice daily (see Medical Medium on that!) and now, 8 months later, it's still grinding away. It works on everything! This would be a great treat for mom this holiday season!


$119 (Keep an eye for deals, we got it last year from Walmart for $49!)

I ADORE this blender. My aunt turned me onto the deal when she sent me a picture of the almond milk she'd been making. It can make soups, milk, and of course, smoothies. To justify buying it last year, I sold my Ninja blender (it was so loud it drove me nuts) and our original Oster blender we got for our wedding. I miss neither and am so glad I cleared out the cupboards for this guy! He's a beast, but it's an amazing kitchen gadget, and very equivalent to the overpriced Vitamix that everyone raves about! Save yourself $200+ and go for the Ace.

$39.99

For as long as I can remember I've had the basic lap desk. As a writer and artist, I like the freedom to be able to get creative when the inspiration strikes me, and my lap desks have always been the flat standard. But these days we all typically have our two devices and a notepad, and this desk accommodates them all, with a wrist guard.

It's a great holiday gift, for yourself or for the creative in your house.


$59.97

For the prepped in your home, this affordable vacuum sealer is a great value and quality, from a top Austrian brand. My husband requested this one for his gift this year for storing his annual elk harvest long-term. It's a compact unit, that seals items quickly and efficiently. Great for a lady minute add-on to any list.

$22.99

This is a great winter warming and back-supporting gift for mom or dad. With automatic shut-off, smart-temp control, and quick heat-up features, this is a great unit for the price. Soft fabric and large sized.


For affordable green ideas, view our Sustainable Gifts list.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIY Bath Salts

A few weeks back I added two posts for making your own face products. Along that same home-factory-idea line is the typical bath salt. I laugh when I see them in the store for $15, when it's often only $1 of Epsom or Sea Salt and a few drops of essential oil, plus $10 of preservatives you DON'T want on your body! I making salt baths more regularly after a car accident several years ago that left my back in a pretty poor state of health. I was taking a pain-bath about 3-4x a week and it helped immensely. Now I take them for all sorts of reasons: relaxation, menstral cramps, headaches, chest colds, aching muscles, and psoriasis flare-ups. The salt is the base to this so let's start there! SALT First, all salts are sea salts either mined as rock or evaporated from the saline solution. Sea salt is sodium chloride, and is used in cooking and cosmetics. "Dead Sea Salt" is proven to have the highest content of body-healing minerals it it, from the Dead Sea. Table s

Gluten Free for Psoriasis

Recently I've been putting my researching brain cells to work on studying the Gluten Free way of life. Since the age of 14 I have had psoriasis, and recently it's been showing signs of progression to psoriatic arthritis, a progression that occurs in about 20-40% of the cases (studies are still incomplete, although the reverse is 80% of PA patients have had psoriasis, so the two are definitely linked). I've been tested for allergies in the 1980s (none), and I'm a pretty natural consumer as well, so I don't use body products with harmful ingredients like parabens or sulfates. Herbal and homeopathic remedies and dead sea salts have all helped reduce my inflammations, but have never eliminated the disorder completely. I was vegetarian for 7 years in the 1990s, and that never cleared up my psoriasis either. Because of its progression I've started researching the diet and how it relates to the disorder, and stumbled upon several articles and studies that now link

Gluten-free Sourdough bread adventure

Throughout my decade of being gluten free, I had never heard this before, but recently at a friends house, I heard a rumor that the gluten in bread breaks down in the process of fermentation with sourdough. The study that this rumor has seemingly sprouted from was done on just 15 subjects in Italy. I won't get into how the wheat in the US is far different from the wheat in Europe, but suffice it to say, it's not the same. At first, this rumor was exciting. Could I actually have bread again? I was sure willing to try! So I took a chunk of my friends long-aged sourdough starter, fed it for a few days (that's the fun part!), and made some sourdough bread! Much to my dismay, the answer is no, I can not, but it sure was an exciting thought! I've been GF long enough to know the immediate physical sensations when I'm going to have a reaction, and I don't press my luck. I had a small piece of this DELICIOUS bread and gave it away, knowing full well tha